Samsung Galaxy Note 8 reportedly receiving Android 8.0 Oreo update
Even though we have stepped into the New Year, Samsung’s 2017 flagships are yet to receive the Android Oreo update. It was speculated that the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus will be the first Samsung devices to get updated to Oreo. We came across a report yesterday claiming that the Galaxy S8 duo will get the stable version of Android Oreo by the end of January.
However, it seems like the Galaxy Note 8 will get the taste of Oreo before anyone else. Samsung is currently rolling out the much-awaited Android 8.0 Oreo update to its flagship phablet. While we are yet to get an official confirmation, several users have reported that they have received the latest iteration of Google’s mobile operating platform. One user even took to Reddit to announce the news.Read more ↓
According to the user, he has received the update on the Exynos version of the Galaxy Note 8. As some of you may know, Samsung launches two processor variants of its flagship devices.
The update carries the firmware build number of R16NW.N950FXXU2CRA1.DM. One of the Galaxy Note 8 users has also posted a detailed changelog of the update on Reddit. You can check out the changelog below:
- Update to the keyboard
- Picture in picture support
- App-specific long press menus from launcher
- Secure folder can be set to stay unlocked until the screen goes to sleep
- Autofill API support (with bio-metrics) for all apps, and browser
- Colored media notifications
- Notification categories
- Customization options for notification badges
- Keyboard uses gify for gif search support
- More edge lighting options
- Ability to ONLY view Samsung cloud items
- Ability to backup Samsung secure folder in Samsung cloud
- Bluetooth, high-quality audio codecs
- Manage passwords of Samsung and third party apps with Samsung pass
As usual, the latest update is rolling out in phases so it will take a while to reach all the Galaxy Note 8 devices. Users can also check for the update manually by going to their phone’s Settings> About Phone> Software updates.
We don’t know why Samsung has released no statement on this regard, but if the reports are true then the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus users should also get the Android Oreo update in the coming days.
Source by gizbot..Share: