PAN card application 2019: Complete list of the do’s and don’ts while applying
New Delhi: Permanent Account Number (PAN) is one of the important documents which is used while filing income tax returns (ITRs), large quantum wire transfers, receiving income tax refunds, and several other services. PAN card issued by the Income Tax Department of India to all the individual irrespective of their age upon the submission of properly-filled PAN application form. There have been many instances when the Income Tax Department rejects the PAN application or refuses to issue a PAN card.
In order to ascertain that a PAN card application is filled in the right manner, the Tax Information Network of the Income Tax Department has issued several guidelines for filling up the PAN application form. As the income tax return filing July 31 deadline is nearing, all eligible individuals, corporate entities can get a PAN card by filling up the PAN application form according to the prescribed guidelines by the TIN.Read more ↓
PAN card application 2019 do’s
- Use ‘Form 49A’ for making an application for allotment of PAN and fill the application in block letters in English and preferably with black ink.
- Paste a recent colour photograph (size 3.5 cm X 2.5 cm) and provide the signature within the box. Mention telephone number/email id in the application.
- If thumb impression is put on the application form, do get the thumb impression attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp, Tax Information Network said.
- Provide the correct Area Code (AO) code in the application. Defence personnel can specify the AO code as Army – PNE W 55 3, Navy – MUM W 11 8, Air Force – DEL W 72 2.
- Attach the identity proof, address proof and date of birth proof as applicable for individuals & Karta of Hindu Undivided Families (HUF) as per Rule 114 (4) of the Income Tax Rules, 1962.
- Provide the ID proof, address proof and date of birth proof which has the name exactly as written in the application.
- Provide details of the representative assessee in column 14 of the application form, if the applicant is a minor, idiot, lunatic or deceased, along with ID proof and address proof of the representative assessee.
- Write the complete postal address in the application with landmark along with correct pin code in the address field.
PAN card application 2019 don’ts
- Don’t overwrite or make corrections in the application, or pin/staple the photograph in the PAN application form.
- Don’t provide proof of address, date of birth or the identity which is not in the name of the applicant, and don’t apply for a new PAN card if you already have one.
- Don’t write any additional details (date, designation, rank, etc.) along with the signature in the box.
- Don’t mention Husband’s name in the Father’s Name column and don’t use initials in first and last name field.