IRCTC E-Wallet Service: Steps To Register, Transaction Charges, Key Features
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism or IRCTC offers the facility of online payment for booking e-tickets via its e-wallet service. Under this service, users can deposit money in advance with IRCTC and later use it for paying money at the time of booking tickets, according to IRCTC’s official website- irctc.co.in.
IRCTC e-wallet service can only be availed by users registered with Indian nationality and with Indian mobile number. The e-wallet users are verified and authenticated through their Permanent Account Number (PAN) or Aadhaar in an online verification process, according to the e-ticketing website. (Also read: How To Change Passenger’s Name In IRCTC E-Ticket)Read more ↓
Here are 5 things to know about IRCTC e-wallet service:
1. IRCTC charges a registration fee of Rs. 50 plus applicable taxes for availing the e-wallet service.
2. The transaction charge of Rs. 10 plus service tax per transaction is also applicable, according to IRCTC.
3. The maximum amount permitted in user’s IRCTC e-wallet account is Rs. 10,000.
4. No cash refunds is allowed in case of bookings done via IRCTC e-wallet. This balance can only be used for booking railway tickets.
5. In case of ticket cancellation, the due refund is credited to IRCTC e-wallet account next day itself, according to IRCTC’s website.
How to register and book tickets via IRCTC e-wallet service
1. Login to IRCTC with existing IRCTC user id and password
2. Click the ‘IRCTC e-wallet Registration’ link under IRCTC e-wallet section in the ‘Plan my travel’ page
3. Complete verification process by providing PAN or Aadhaar and other details
4. Deposit one time registration fee of Rs. 50 (excluding service tax) online with any of the available payment options
5. Credit the IRCTC e-wallet account with the minimum deposit of Rs. 100 and top up with the required booking amount
6. Pay ticket booking amount through IRCTC e-wallet which is displayed as payment option along with other banks