How To Update/Register Mobile Number And Email For LIC Policy Online?
At a time where all can be done over a smartphone, getting your phone number and email address registered with India’s largest insurance company, LIC, can help you get alerts on when your premium is due and other related notifications. If you hold a policy of any kind with the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), there are three ways to get your contact details updated with them.
1. Online registration
- Go to the link www.licindia.in/Customer-Services/Help-Us-To-Serve-You-Better
- Fill in details like your full name and date of birth as per the policy document that you already hold. You can select your date of birth on the tab provided at the right side of the box. (Refer image below)
- Fill the mobile number and email address in the space provided.
- Select the number of policies you want to update the contact details for. One can update the details for a maximum of 10 policies at a time.
- Check on the declaration and click on submit.
- In the next landing page, enter the policy numbers in the space provided and click on “validate policy details.”
- The website will check to see if the name and date of birth in the policy records matches with the details provided by you. A pop-up will appear on successfully updating the details. The pop-up includes a request number that you can note down for future use.
- You will receive a phone call from the LIC customer care to verify your number and an email on your address.
- On verification, the details will be updated for the policy.
- You can use the same method to update an old number that you may have been using earlier.
2. Call Customer Care
You can call LIC’s helpline on 022-68276827. This is a 24/7 service.Read more ↓
You can write to the LIC branch servicing your policy and request them to change or add the contact details.
LIC’s SMS Helpline Without Registration
LIC has an SMS service where you can ask a policy related query by sending the SMS “LICHELP ” to 92224 92224.
Why is it important to register contact details with your LIC policy?
Once your mobile number and email address are registered with the insurance giant, it will send prompting notifications related to your policies. You will receive intimations regarding premium dues, policy lapse, survival benefit, maturity, policy status, lapse/revival of policy, details on the dispatch of a policy bond, addition of bonus or loyalty, NEFT or NACH mandate, etc. You will likely get as many as 65 such messages from the insurance company.
LIC will be going digital on 1 March 2019 and it is important that you are in line with the changes that will come.