How to make corrections in voter’s card
A number of times errors like spelling mistakes, incorrect address, photo mismatch do come up while issuing a Voter ID. The Election Commission of India has come up with several easy ways to rectify such errors. Voters who find such issues in their voter Ids can follow these simple methods.
Steps to make corrections in the Voter ID Card online:Read more ↓
* Log on to the official website available for voters the National Voters Services Portal by clicking on http://www.nvsp.in
* Go to the section that has the title “Correction of entries in electoral roll” and click on it
* A new tab opens up. Select “Form 8” in this page. Once you click on this you will be redirected to the real page where you can request for the ‘voter card correction’.
* Enter the following details in the form.
* Name, part number of electoral roll, serial number, gender, and age.
* State and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency to which you belong.
* Give the correct details about your family, including the name of your father/mother/husband.
* Enter your complete correct address.
* In case you have a voter ID which has already been issued, submit the details like date when it was issued, the card number, and the state where it was issued and so on.
* After entering the details, upload all the required documents which support them. Also, include your latest photograph, address proof and a valid ID.
* Select the details which need to be corrected. In this case you will have to click on the tab which has the title “My Name” to ensure that the procedure
changes only the name in your voter ID.
* Enter the name of the place from where you are making a request.
* Enter the date on which the request to make the correction in your voter ID is being made.
* Submit your correct contact information, including mobile number and email ID.
* Go through all the information that you have entered and click on the “Submit” tab.
The Election Commission of India (ECI) will verify the information you have given and make the required changes if all information is correct.
Source by indiatimes..Share: