How to check PF account balance on your smartphone
PF or Provident Fund is a benefit that a lot of organisations offer to their employees. With the advent of technology, it has become easier to check or track that how much amount you have in your PF account. Here we list four — Umang App, EPFO portal, SMS — ways through which you can check PF account balance and details.
1. Using Umang App.Read more ↓
Umang is a unified app launched by the government last year that allows users to access almost all the government apps and services such as raise claims, view EPF Passbook and more. Users just have to go through the one-time registration process using their phone number and OTP.
1. Download the app using your respective app store on your smartphone
2. Register using your phone number and login into the app.
3. Now tap on the three horizontal bars from the top left corner
4. Tap on ‘Service Directory’ and search for EPFO option
5. Now scrolldown and tap on ‘View Passbook’ to check the account balance
2. Using the EPFO portal
In case you don’t want to use the app, then you can visit EPFO portal using your PC or laptop.
1. Open www.epfindia.gov.in on your PC or laptop
2. Click on ‘For Employees’ under ‘Our Services’ section
3. Now, look for Member Passbook under ‘Services’ section
4. It will now redirect to another portal
5. Enter your UAN number and password along with Captcha in the respective fields.
6. Once done, you can now check your PF account passbook.
Note: Make sure your UAN is verified and activated by the employer.
3. Using SMS
If you’ve registered your UAN with EPFO, just send an SMS by typing ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG’ to 7738299899 using your registered mobile number to get your recent transaction details related to your PF account. This service is available on 10 different languages such as English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Bengali.
4. By giving a missed call
Just like the SMS service, there’s also a way to get all the PF account details by just giving a missed call from your registered mobile number on 011-22901406