Facebook survey report says that Cat people are sad and lonely as compared to Dog people
Now Facebook isn’t really a scientific body to make such statements, but it has enough of a user base to conduct its own surveys and arrive at data-backed conclusions. While studying the behaviour of 160,000 people (who have dogs and/or cats as pets), Facebook has concluded that dog people tend to be more outgoing and friendly whereas cat people are most likely single and sad.
Facebook analysed the data from 160,000 people in the US who shared cat or dog photos. The photos were identified using object recognition technology, which is just like the kind used to generate automatic help for blind people of Facebook.
Read more ↓
In terms of movie preferences, based on the movies liked, cat lovers seemed to fare better than dog lovers. While the dog lovers liked movies such as Fifty Shades of Grey, Step Up, The Hangover, The Notebook; cat lovers were found to like Alien, Trainspotting, Terminatory 2, A Clockwork Orange.
Here are some of the major findings of this unconventional research
- Dog people have 26 more Facebook friends than Cat people.
- Cat people get invited to more events.
- Cat people are 2.2 times more likely to befriend other cat people; Dog people are 1.8 times more likely to befriend other dog people.
- About 30 percent of Cat people are single as compared to 24 percent Dog people.
- When it comes to books, Cat people are more fond of fantasy, sci-fi and anime; Dog people are more into love stories and things about dogs.
- Cat people are most often found in cities whereas Dog people are concentrated around rural areas where there’s more space.
Source by firstpost…