Become IRCTC Agent, Earn Rs 80,000/Month: This Is How It Works (You Can Book Unlimited Train Tickets)
While booking tickets of the railway, many of us take help of agents to get them booked. But did you know that you can be a railway agent too? And this job pays mighty well too!
Yes, you heard it right! An authorized IRCTC ticket booking agent can make up to Rs. 80,000 per month.Read more ↓
Read on to know all the details about being a ticket booking agent of the IRCTC!
How to Become an Agent For IRCTC
You will require scan copies of a few documents: PAN card, Aadhaar card, mobile number, valid email ID, photo, office address proof, residential address proof, declaration form and registration form.
There are two registration plans available, one is priced at Rs. 3,999, which is for a single year, and the other at Rs. 6,999 valid for two years straight.
The actual registration process is as follows:
1. Firstly, you are required to fill the registration form online.
2. Secondly, you are required to send back the scanned copies of your documents, the signed application form and a declaration form as well.
3. The IRCTC will verify your documents, after which you will be asked to pay Rs. Rs 1,180 for the purpose of IRCTC ID creation.
4. After this, OTP and Video verification, on the basis of which, a Digital Certificate will be created in your name.
5. A courier will arrive at your doorstep, which will contain a USB dongle. Your Digital Certificate will be included in this USB dongle. After this, you will be required to pay the fee of IRCTC.
6. Once the fee of IRCTC is paid, you will receive your IRCTC credentials via mail.
7. This makes you an IRCTC authorised agent and enables you to book tickets for your clients online.
How Do Agents Get Paid?
An agent user of the IRCTC is able to book an unlimited number of e-tickets. Agents can book tickets for all types of train tickets, including Tatkal, Waiting List, RAC, etc.
However, this is possible only if the digital certificate is authenticated by the IRCTC application when the agent logs in.
Ticket booking agents earn money through commissions, which differ as per the type of ticket booked. If a ticket is booked in the Non AC class (SL, 2S), Rs. 20 will be charged per PNR. For AC Class (1A, 2A, 3A, CC), the commission would be Rs. 40 per PNR. Additional PG commission will also be paid up to 1% of the total fare of the ticket.